Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Can I use these pond rocks in my tank?

ChristianV

Reaction score
So I have collected a couple of rocks from my pond and I was wondering if I could use them in my axolotl tank. I'm washing them with soap and hot water and also brushing them. I've noticed a few have green stains on them.

PatchworkClocks

Reaction score
For some reason the picture isn't loading for me. But anyway, As long as they're plenty bigger than your axolotl's head, they should be fine. I would advise on just washing the others with really hot water, though. It's never really a good idea to wash anything you're putting into a tank with soap, because of the chemicals. The ones that you have washed with soap, just leave them to set in a container of hot water for a little bit and they should be okay to use. The green stuff is algae, harmless to water dwellers but a pain in the rear if you want to keep your aquarium looking clean.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!