Question: Second Axie feeding problem

ETNiESdublin

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
My girlfriend surprised me with a new Goldon albino axie (nidgie) yesterday he's a bit bigger than my first one by about 2 inches or so, I was thinking he might bully Tuco but that hasnt happened.

Anyway my problem Nidgie isnt eating the bloodworms from the bottom of the tank, but I put them in front of him on a black piece of plastic which he reacted to right away and attacked and ate the worms, I'm thinking he cant see the worms, but something black kind of stood out so he attacked it.. would this be normal? he's only in the tank 24 hours so I'm hoping that he won't have to be hand fed all the time as it will be very time consuming, but ill do it if i need to.

Opinions please?

Also I don't want to keep putting bloodworms in as Tuco is like a hoover he's eating everything.

My fairly limited experience is that they learn where the food comes from. Your new one may just be used to being hand fed or fed from a black surface. Mine have changed their habits over the last year; I believe it is due to my stopping hand feeding when I have been busy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not a bad thing for Tuco to keep on hoovering until he catches up in size. How big are Tuco and Nidgie? I would have expected them to be eating earthworms at 4 inch and upwards. Much cheaper, less messy and better nutrition. Maybe Nidgie has been fed earthworms?

Not a bad thing for Tuco to keep on hoovering until he catches up in size. How big are Tuco and Nidgie? I would have expected them to be eating earthworms at 4 inch and upwards. Much cheaper, less messy and better nutrition. Maybe Nidgie has been fed earthworms?

I've been thinking this aswell about that maybe he was fed earthworms, only place I can get them is a fair bit away but gonna go their tomorrow and get some. Thanks fro the feedback lads.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back