Hey hey

Chap

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Andrew
Hey all my name is Andrew I am a new member here and just wanted to say hi and let you know a little about me.
I have had my axolotl for about 3 years now and this is really the first forum that I have joined, you guys are a wealth of information and I have dropped past the site a few times to see if people have some of the same problems that I have had and I always find the answer or a suggestion that has helped me and my little girl on more than one occasion.
I have one albino axolotl and she is the prettiest thing you have ever seen but I guess we all say that about our own pets.
My axolotls name is Shaz short for Sharon I know its different but that’s the way we roll. She lives in a 70ltr blue planet tank about 1mtr wide and 600mm high
She is about 5 to 6 inches long and loves to swim and seeks heaps of attention, I can sit at her tank for hours and the whole time she will be following my hand and fingers around the tank.
I have a little plastic gold fish on a bit of fishing line tide to a little bit or wood that she chases around her tank but I never let her get a hold of it.
She is my only pet and I treat her like my own child, one day I might look at getting another one to keep her company but for now its just us.
Well thanks for letting me say hi I cant wait to start sharing helpful hints and tips with you all.

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Nice to hear that your axolotl is doing well!

"My axolotls name is Shaz short for Sharon I know its different but that’s the way we roll."

I think that is really cool! :grin:

Do you have any pictures so that we could admire you Axi? :happy: -Seth

Hey seth,
Yeah I have a few that I can post of her ill have to put them up a bit later though they are on my computer at home but stay tuned.

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Nice to hear that your axolotl is doing well!

"My axolotls name is Shaz short for Sharon I know its different but that’s the way we roll."

I think that is really cool! :grin:

Do you have any pictures so that we could admire you Axi? :happy: -Seth

Your axie has a great name (ie, Sharon). :p

S

Hey Guy n Gals here are a few pics of Shaz looking cute as a button.

shaz 001.jpg

shaz 002.jpg

shaz 003.jpg

Nice! She looks great, congrats on a beautiful axi!
The blue pic is really cool, thanks for sharing! :cool: -Seth

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back