Hello Everyone

Ripley

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have only been an Axolotl owner since September 2013, I kept seeing videos of these little guys and I had to have one. Started with one and now have 5. Ripley is the leucistic and then I had to have friends for him so we ended up with 4 Wilds. I will only keep two of the wilds. My husband and I started out with a 20 long fish tank with the norm, plastic plants cheap looking decorations and the normal everday fish. We now have a 5 gallon for the little fish, the 20 long has the 4 wild babies in it for now with live plants, a 40 gallon live plant tank for Ripley, and a 65 tall with live plants, Angels, 3 clawed frogs and a mixture of others. I will never go back to plastic plants!! We also have a bearded dragon named Bink and a cat named Theodore. Needless to say we are hooked!!

Attachments

• Ripley posing.jpg
    Ripley posing.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Wild Babies.jpg
    Wild Babies.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 126
Hi Ripley and welcome to the forum! That's quite a collection you have.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back