Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Newbee here!

Axolotracy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im new to the forum. I live in a village near to Ashford In Kent in the United Kingdom.
I have six young axolotl. One dark, looks black. One dark speckled looks a dark green/brown. Two pinkish nude colour. Two yellow.
I have had them from babies, Ive had them for eight months.
They came from a lady who had lots and lots I went to view her home as we were looking to move and was amazed by the size of these large creatures. She had so many babies at the time, she sent me away to look on the internet about their care and then I returned to get some. She kindly gave me six babies and told me they can all remain in the same tank until they get much larger.
They have all been fed on blood worm and now im trying a turtle complete food out. they have enjoyed some garden worms too.

I am a qualified dog groomer and worked in dog kennels for many years, I also worked with people who have a dual sensory loss (deaf & blind) my health has sadly ended my work in these areas.

I have an interest obviously in the correct care of the axolotls and any help and guidence greatfully received. I am interested in Pets as Therapy (dogs in particular). I have two old basset hound girls which I rescued from a overcrowded life outside in all weathers. My partner handrears birds. I have a hand tame cockatiel and a budgie both talking.
Anyway thats enough for now, im talking all your ears off.
:eek:

sde

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Axolotracy! How big are your axis now? Any pic so that I can admire them? :D -Seth

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1