Hey everyone!!!!!! :-)

MarieHeyneke

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Hi all :) . Thanks for accepting me in your forum. I'm from South Africa and live in a town called Margate on the South Coast. My husband and I started off with a huge marine tank with live corals and anemones,Lionfish, Floral eels and at one time we even had a Picasso triggerfish! We packed it all up when we had to relocate last year and ended up losing interest in starting all over again with the tank! But a few months ago a friend showed us his 3 Axolotls and we were so amazed that we purchased 3! What an incredible experience! They are so interesting and I really believe mine to be highly intelligent !!!hahaha . I have named them Monty,Marilyn and Miley. Will post a few pics soon! Great day to everyone!:D

Welcome to the forum! That is great about the axis! Hey, some of my in-laws live in South Africa. -Seth

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back