DIY Stands

digitalxri0t

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Яei ☆
Hi guys. So I recently acquired two lovely 55 gallon tanks and have one set up with my big kids in it, and would like to set up the other however....space. I don't have enough of it.

I wanted to know if anyone has any success building a double 55 tank stand and if so, do you have the plans laying around? Or did you just buy a rack from somewhere? I'm contemplating using cinder blocks and 2x4's but with how I like to move things that could mean hauling them around a lot and I'm not sure I'm up for that. Any input is helpful, thanks!

I find it very weird that I logged in right when you posted this, and that we talked about it not too long ago :p

I have no clue what you can do, but I'll look around the net to see if I can find something.

LOL. We're in tuuuuuuuune. I'm still debating over what to do, I honestly have no set idea and it's frustrating e_e;

BTW since I hate your filter and the spare one I have is just loud enough to drive me bonkers I decided the best route for setting up beneficial bacteria for your filters when its time was to shove a bunch of the stuffing into my filter and then put my bacteria bag on top of it. I win.

I also hate my filters. Unless you've already burned the HOB, that is lol I hope we can figure out what's wrong with the 404, I feel like a dirtbag for giving you a broken filter.

Also, I'm having issues finding a decent link for a DIY double stand. One person said that they just got sturdy racks from costco though that worked for something around $50-100, I can't remember.

If you don't mind buzzing I have the one that was originally on the 55 that you can have. I can't handle buzzing, even the bubblers drive me nuts at night. Oh! I was looking into that today, I started tinkering with it and it's the ceramic shaft, I guess they're notorious fragile and a hassle, so don't worry about it. If I can get the end piece out of it we might be able to replace it and that's an easy fix!

I know right?! It's a hassle, it seems like the people that build them basically free hand it with building knowledge. I might have to concede and ask my dad to build me one :/ Hmm, I might have to look into that, though those will probably also be heavy as well.

Anything that holds two full 55 gallon tanks is going to be crazy heavy though, and I swear woman your bedroom is one tank shy of being a swimming pool!

Good to know that it'll be a quick fix! Maybe that stupid thing will be worth buying the nice hoses for it lol

Wood isn't usually too heavy, even reinforced. I think I'd much rather lift that than dicker with a heavy metal stand XD SHHHH SHHHHHHHH my room is beautiful >_>; I'm not obsessed at all.

Hopefully! I have to figure out how to get the little yellow piece out in order to get the ceramic chunk left in it. LOL the tube hoses aren't that bad, they work without a hitch when I simplified it.

I'd come out and try to help make one...if my poor car wasn't dead ;__;

Anyhow, good luck with this situation you've gotten yourself into :p I have to go to bed before I pass out on my keyboard.

We'd probably end up breaking something (or a lot of somethings) LOL. Ah your poor car. Was it's death finalized?

<_<; thanks? I think XD Sleep well!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back