Why you should be nice to axolotls

I don't believe in evolution but I have to say, that is pretty darn funny! :rofl:

Evolve as in become a land creature. Sometimes they do that.
I'm not using the right word... GAH! I can't think of it.
This is gonna bug me until I figure it out. TO THE FORUMS!

You trying to think of Metamorphosis? Sorry, had to spoil it! :alien:.

I don't believe in evolution
And you want to become a scientist? I don't believe in gods and i want to become a priest.

PS. Evolution is not a matter of belief. It's a fact which was proven numerous times, unlike the existence of gods.

Evolution is typically problematic for young earth Christians. Most Christian scientists easily reconcile faith and biology, especially under the view that god is behind it anyway.

It still amazes me to hear people say that they don't "believe" in evolution in this day and age. That's like saying that you don't believe that the earth is round or you think the solar system revolves around the earth.

But on topic, that is a hilarious video! My lotls are in the process of trying to win my brother's affections, so I'll have to share that with him!

Then let god protect those "young earth christians" without antibiotics for evolving bacteria tribes. Gods are a matter of belief, evolution is not, same as gravity or heliocentrism.

AHA that's to funny!:lol:

I'm defiantly showing this to my little cousin hopefully it will scare him a little and he will never knock on the glass again to try and scare my axies:lol:

What people believe in is up to them,I don't believe in evolution either.That is my belief and what yahilles says has no effect on that!I find caudates interesting and keep them for that reason.Yahilles and the others need to stop bashing people over their beliefs,thats not what this forum is for.

Haha, don't worry Eddie, they don't bother me, I actually find what they are saying rather funny. I honestly cant believe you guys actually think evolution is conceivable. And Yahales, has it really been proven, to my knowledge it has not, just the opposite I believe. I am thrilled to have discovered a scientist by the name of Dr. Irwin Moon. I will quote him here, it is a great thing that I think is a great point. "Now recently I spent several months in the middle east. During the time I was there I made two trips down to the great pyramids of Giza. Now I did not happen to meet the men who built them, I understand that they haven't been around for several thousands of years. But the fact that I did not meet them did not cause the theory that, they didn't exist, that the pyramids did not just happen, that those great blocks of stone all just happened to be the right size and shape. That they arranged themselves in that in that form purely by accident. If I developed such a theory you wouldn't think I'm very scientific would you? Now I am not certain at all that faith is unscientific." See what I mean? No one would ever think that those pyramids are a accident. And yet they readily except the theory that YOU are an accident! All I have to do is look at the human eye, how amazingly it is made, and it shocks me that people think it could be an accident! And that is just one aspect of the amazing human body! And wait a second. What about the earth. You seriously think that the greenhouse effect could be an accident? You think that the decaying process is an accident? That the combustion process that allows us to take in food and turn it into energy and you think it is a accident!!! No way I will ever believe that! I am sorry, but it really amazes me that people can believe that. And yes Yahales, I AM going to be a Christian Herpetologist. The best scientists I know are Christians, I don't think there is anything that can stop me with God right behind me, so when I want to do something, I do it with confidence. My opinion, it is perfectly fine to believe in evolution, I just disagree with it. Do what you want guys, but I am not going to change my mind about these things. I just find it incredible that you can believe in evolution, but if that is what you believe in, I will try and respect that. Oh and Yahales, God has been protecting us from "evolving bacteria tribes", how can you possibly think that we could still be alive today if he wasn't? -Seth

It amazes me that people can think their laymen knowledge backed by the cherry-picked findings of a few Christian "scientists" is more valid than the peer-reviewed findings of thousands of scientists who have devoted their entire lives to the study of biology...

Of course, when I was 14 I didn't believe in evolution either. Hurray for America's stellar education system. Most teachers are highly religious, and thus present the topic of evolution as "Well I HAVE to teach you this, but..." and then they present it vaguely and in a way that sounds obviously absurd. They will literally explain it in a way that makes it impossible for any student who is not previously educated on the subject to believe it's credibility. Add that to silly rhetoric that parents and sunday school teachers have piled into the minds of the students, and it's not hard to see how young, intelligent students can deny evolution. I used to think "How could anyone believe evolution?"

But then I went to college and had someone who actually understood the subject present the information to me. I was given actual examples, allowed to question things like I never had been before, and was actually given satisfying answers for once in my life. It was step by step, but eventually the evidence was undeniable, and not only could I no longer deny evolution, but I could see exactly where all the previous information I had been given against it had been cherry-picked.

Seth, please do become a herpetologist. It's an amazing field, and you clearly have a passion for it. Just try and be open to the the information that is presented to you; it's perfectly possible to see your god's hand in things if that's how it best makes sense to you, but understanding evolution is key in grasping many essential elements of most fields of science, not just biology. Don't close off your mind and assume, when so many before you have already tirelessly researched this.

The universe is infinitely more beautiful and awe-inspiring when you have more of an explanation than simply "God did it."

well put! I was thinking along those lines but was struggling to put it into words.

Oh and Yahales, God has been protecting us from "evolving bacteria tribes", how can you possibly think that we could still be alive today if he wasn't?
First, it's Yahilles. As a future scientist you should keep an eye on reading names properly, not writing them in a random manner, my dear Soeateh. Second, ask thousands of third world people who are dying everyday due to diseases which are "easily" curable in our developed countries about being protected by any gods. It's always that way, when doctors heal someone, religious people say "thank god", when someone dies at doctor's hands, it's "dem damn doctors claim they can heal people but they don't know nothing!"

I heard from one teacher at my university that some students at exam answered the question "what do you think are main reasons why we have so much biodiversity on our planet?" with something like "it's a god's deed, he created so many organisms". How many, do you think, biology professors from all of them in our world would even think about accepting such an answer?

I hope when you go to university, you will meet teachers who will really understand evolution and will explain you that it's not just "evolutionists think it all happened by an accident" or "they think chimpanzees turned into humans lol". I'm an atheist but i know that religious beliefs don't have to go against evolution. Simply because theory of evolution is not a religious belief, it's a scientific fact.

evolution-scientists-myths-and-sheep-herders.png

out ;)

lmao I agree Zerrin. I sense that we may be in the midst of trolls. I find it hard to believe that anybody could be that intentionally ignorant for the sake of faith.

Though for the record, I respect most points of religious view. But when your beliefs get in the way of allowing your children to learn about how the world around them actually works, I have an issue with that. With that said, to each their own.

Wait, I realize this is General Discussion, but why are we arguing about religion and evolution? Is it really such a big deal at the moment? I mean, Seth is 14.
While I'm 14 as well, and I'm an atheist, I honestly don't mind what any of you believe. Heck, there could even be a satanist on the forum somewhere. Why does all this matter so much, and why argue about it? It shouldn't matter that some of us believe in evolution, and others in intelligent design. This started with a humorous video of a CGI alien, and erupted into a full-fledged fight... This forum doesn't relate to religion in the slightest.

Sorry if I'm acting like a peacekeeper, but I truly don't think we should be fighting over something like this on a forum about caudates. That's why we're all here, isn't it?

It amazes me that people can think their laymen knowledge backed by the cherry-picked findings of a few Christian "scientists" is more valid than the peer-reviewed findings of thousands of scientists who have devoted their entire lives to the study of biology...

Of course, when I was 14 I didn't believe in evolution either. Hurray for America's stellar education system. Most teachers are highly religious, and thus present the topic of evolution as "Well I HAVE to teach you this, but..." and then they present it vaguely and in a way that sounds obviously absurd. They will literally explain it in a way that makes it impossible for any student who is not previously educated on the subject to believe it's credibility. Add that to silly rhetoric that parents and sunday school teachers have piled into the minds of the students, and it's not hard to see how young, intelligent students can deny evolution. I used to think "How could anyone believe evolution?"

But then I went to college and had someone who actually understood the subject present the information to me. I was given actual examples, allowed to question things like I never had been before, and was actually given satisfying answers for once in my life. It was step by step, but eventually the evidence was undeniable, and not only could I no longer deny evolution, but I could see exactly where all the previous information I had been given against it had been cherry-picked.

Seth, please do become a herpetologist. It's an amazing field, and you clearly have a passion for it. Just try and be open to the the information that is presented to you; it's perfectly possible to see your god's hand in things if that's how it best makes sense to you, but understanding evolution is key in grasping many essential elements of most fields of science, not just biology. Don't close off your mind and assume, when so many before you have already tirelessly researched this.

The universe is infinitely more beautiful and awe-inspiring when you have more of an explanation than simply "God did it."

Are you kidding me? You know, just because I its a Christian scientist doesn't mean that they are wrong! I am sorry if that is not what you were trying to say, but I kind of is. You know, I find it funny that you say that scientists that believe in evolution devoted there entire lives to biology, what makes you think that the Christian ones didn't too? Most teachers are highly religious! Hah! it depends on what time you are from I guess. They teach evolution like it is a fact now days, but it is far from it. And you know that a very large amount of people DONT go to church right? So it is not like every child in America is learning that "silly rhetoric" stuff. Which it is not mind me. So you met a dude who taught you evolution that you could not deny? Hmm....interesting, I have heard the opposite too. I would love it if you read the book "Living Fossils, The Grand Experiment". It is a great book against evolution, really got me laughing about evolution. Or for Pete's sake, even "Exploring Creation With general Science", it has some general info on the human eye, even that general info is enough to make me gawk in amazement at peoples faith in evolution. So its more beautiful when it is a accident? Hmm....I think that is a opinion, and it seems like it would make me feel worthless and useless, not more amazed.

First, it's Yahilles. As a future scientist you should keep an eye on reading names properly, not writing them in a random manner, my dear Soeateh. Second, ask thousands of third world people who are dying everyday due to diseases which are "easily" curable in our developed countries about being protected by any gods. It's always that way, when doctors heal someone, religious people say "thank god", when someone dies at doctor's hands, it's "dem damn doctors claim they can heal people but they don't know nothing!"

I heard from one teacher at my university that some students at exam answered the question "what do you think are main reasons why we have so much biodiversity on our planet?" with something like "it's a god's deed, he created so many organisms". How many, do you think, biology professors from all of them in our world would even think about accepting such an answer?

I hope when you go to university, you will meet teachers who will really understand evolution and will explain you that it's not just "evolutionists think it all happened by an accident" or "they think chimpanzees turned into humans lol". I'm an atheist but i know that religious beliefs don't have to go against evolution. Simply because theory of evolution is not a religious belief, it's a scientific fact.

evolution-scientists-myths-and-sheep-herders.png

out ;)

Listen, I will address this post tomorrow, it is about my bed time. But for now I will say this, that picture you show, DID IT EVER ACCURE TO ANYONE THAT THOSE COULD BE SEPERAT SPECIES!? CAUSE IT SURE LOOKS LIKE THAT TO ME! And hmm....you know, maybe not separate species. Maybe just different sizes, like miniature horses and Clydesdales. That makes sense to me...................

You-tube Kent Hovind. He has a series called the Creation Series. Watch it. Not just one show. But all of the shows. You owe it too yourselves. The hardest thing for a person to do is admit that they are wrong. Especially if this is how our parents think. This means you have to change your thinking. What is the number one reason that people go to church? To change their thinking. That is the "number one" reason why we are are "suppose" to go. Most church goers don't know this either. Especially the "religious ones. Yes, religion is not the "truth" either. I didn't say Christianity. I said "religion. The problem with this fact less "theory" of evolution is that it is taught as a proven truth. So how many generations do we have who's thinking is skewed? So, Listen and learn. When you get done watching him and you still believe in the "theory" of evolution, then I will give you more names to learn the truth from. Former atheists and evolutionist that set out to disprove Christianity, only to have their eyes opened to the "truth".---hence, their thinking changed. Ask yourself, "What is Truth?" What is it? In fact, if you are so certain in this "theory" then "YOU" set out to disprove Christianity with the "theory" of evolution. "YOU study both. I mean--"YOU" do it. Unless.....you are hmmm....you do not want to know the truth. If you open your up your little minds and really try it with all that your head and heart can muster, then you too will disprove the "theory" and your thinking will change. I guarantee it.
Now, I don't want any arguing. I you want to learn so you can try to refute me. If you want to argue or make fact less, frivolous, claims then do waste my time.
Your are going to get offended at first. Why? Because of your thinking. So watch him with a open mind. Start over in your thick programmed heads. Get the jackhammer out and bust the hard, concrete melons up, and learn. The Truth. I did. That's why I want "YOU" to do it.
Trace

Sorry Trace, but evolution is evolution. Scientific Theory != Idea. The theory of evolution doesn't say there is no higher power, or how things started, it simply takes a look at the world, looks at the facts, and proposes that living things are constantly changing. There's another topic right now about Hydras in someones feeder supply. I spent an hour clicking wikipedia links from that ONE article on Hydras.

Here we are talking about hybrids and crossbreeds on this forum, from SIMILAR, yet different Caudates, yet we don't want to admin evolution? You can't breed some salamanders together because they diverged too long ago. Others are very close relatives, and are still not distant enough to reproduce. Then there are mules....

Believe what you will - that's what faith is all about. But denying actual "how the world" works facts for the sake of religion is silly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back