Santa Claus looks like as Axolotl to me

willowcat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Trace
Hello everyone,
Whether you believe in Santa Claus or not, doesn't really matter. Or does it? What does Santa Claus, or the Spirit of Santa Claus look like to you? Well, too me Santa looks like an Axolotl. How so? Look how this animal has brought people from all over the world together. Amazing. How we all run to help each other in times of need and want. The common denominator? The Axolotl. Well, I am in need of that Santa Spirit now. That Spirit of help, need, support and love. Yes, Love. That is the Spirit of Santa isn't it? I recently met someone on here by contacting her on the "For Sale Section". I am going to cut and paste my e-mails that I sent to her and her replies. What am I asking from you this Christmas?........Just exactly what we, this site, has become. Human beings that share, support, and love. Please read this and wish lissalana a very Merry Christmas.

(Me)---
Hi, How much for all the eggs? How many are there? How much for all the babies? How many are there? How old are they? How old is the mother? What are your plans with the parents? I know that these are pretty blunt questions.
So, if you have any question to ask me, so that I might, in someway be helpful to you, feel free to ask.
Thank you,
Trace

(Her)---
Trace,
Here is my story; My daughter Alana who was a member on this site although I do not know what her user name was, was killed along with my grandson in a head on car collision. Alana loved axies and had a 55 gallon aquarium with several axies. She had just also bought some eggs so I had her phone which had this website bookmarked. So I by indoctrination I got my education on axie babies because I couldn't bear to just let them die. I have had her babies from just a few days after they hatched, so luckily she had the brine shrimp supplies and I started making brine shrimp bound and determined that these babies would live.

I have been separating them as they have been growing and just realized a few days ago that they were big enough to start feeding them the frozen bloodworms.

In the meantime her large golden was acting funny and I read that she might be constipated. .. so I did that route and put her back in the tank and within 48 hours she was laying eggs. So now I find myself with a sh...t load of babies and now eggs.

I have no clue how old hers are although the golden female that laid the eggs is at least 7" long.

I raise papillon and show them (dogs) and in all my years of even giving cpr to pups I have only lost 2 pups.

Alana would be tickled pink that her own axie had babies. This is the first time she has had her own and the eggs were ones she bought.

So long story short out of the 70+ eggs now babies and juveniles I have only lost 9 and that was at the very beginning.

So now you know my story.

I have 1 of hers a younger one who is only about 3", then in another small tank I have 2 more. In the 55 gallon there are 7.

I may be able to get one of the moderators to tell me her user name. Because they can do an Internet search and see where she was killed in the accident.

Long story short..... I have no clue other than I have eggs, babies, small juveniles, and 10 papillon puppies, and since her death I am doing good just to take care of all these babies....

That's my story.

(Me)---
May I have your permission to post this? Everyone should see this. Let me copy and paste it. I don't have enough words to say what needs to be said. But the people on this site do. Alana was on this site for a reason. The reason is not just for the fun of Axolotls, but for the fun, support, and the love of the people of this site. They can give to you those words that need to be said. The words that I lack.
Trace

(Her)---
Yes you have my permission to post, and if more people would like to see pictures of my beautiful, blue eyed, blonde haired beauty, and my precious 7 year old grandson.... she has a facebook page called "Prayers for Alana Wuolukka" that a friend of hers set up.

Her gorgeous soon to be 6 yr old daughter Destiny was in critical condition but she is doing well even with her casts on each leg and an L3 back fracture which she is currently wearing a brace for.

And here's a beautiful picture taken earlier on that day while we were at my niece's wedding. Here's a lovely picture of Alana and her father.... my husband.

I am so happy that I found her phone. .. and found your site bookmarked.... otherwise it might not have been so easy (although with 10 puppies it's been a full time job) to raise the newly hatched axies that she had purchased.

Oh well I don't know how to add her picture to this message.

Trace sent me an email telling me to look into this, I had no idea what I was walking into other than that someone needed support. Having recently lost my grandmother I understand the difficult time that comes with the passing of a loved one and tending to babies. No parent should have to bury their child or grandchild.

However the strength and passion in this story is incredible..no, more than that it's down right inspiring. A tragically beautiful story of both loss and hope. I'll have the members of this family in my thoughts, and keep this as a reminder as well of how a mothers strength and determination really does shine through even in dire situations. I'm sorry for your loss, I truly am. I hope your granddaughter makes a full recovery from all this and that you and the rest of your family can live out a wonderful life together.

It is a very inspiring story. i am soooo sorry for your losses and hardships. On here we are one big family, and with that being said. your family is in the hearts and prayers of me and my family. even through a tragedy it is good to see that you are moving forward raising axolotls, your daughter would of wanted it that way. they can bring a smile to a face just like a child can. chin up sweetie, you are doing it right, keep up the hard work and the angels will smile upon you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I cant claim to know how you feel. I could honestly not imagine how hard this must have been for your family to go through. I can say that I am sure you are doing exactly what she would have wanted. I know she is smiling down on you and all the little ones you helped to survive. It takes a truly remarkable person to overcome their own grief for the sake of those who can't help themselves. My thoughts are with you and I hope your family is healing.

God bless you. Have a nice Christmas season. There are few people as strong as you, I cant imagine. But you know, she is in good hands, and so are you. :happy: -Seth

I'm not a religious person, but hearing that makes me believe that they must be meant for something more if they had to leave this world so soon. At least we know that your granddaughter will have a very loving and supporting grandmother to keep her safe :3

I know it'll be hard, but everyone will be here for you.

If you make an account at the link below, I'm sure the community would love to donate to food for the babies, and overall costs that you may face with the loses.

Raise Money for YOU! Crowdfunding & Online Fundraising Websites!

Visit that, make an account, and we'll all be here to support you :) Hopefully we can do something to make your Christmas a little brighter.

Last edited:
I did as suggested in the post and set up an acct. The url is Head on collision kills Alana & Caiden by Lana Smith Wuolukka - GoFundMe. I'm not sure exactly how all this works but it's worth a shot. Between costs for 2 funerals, hubby is out of work due to broken leg plus possible ligament issues, Destiny's father is also on leave without pay..... the 2.5 weeks at the children's hospital at 150 per night for hotel.... this Christmas will be slim for destiny andy adopted grandson hunter but we will just do our best.

But I set it up just to see.... who know it may help.

Thank you for the suggestion!!

Lana
Alana's mother.

Here's a great pic of Alana with Caiden and.Destiny.

Caiden was.an organ donor and blessed 5 people: his heart went to a.5.year old boy in PN, and I forgot the rest. So Caiden continues to live on thru helping other people to live.

Attachments

• 546982_10151794575996828_354044681_n.jpeg
    546982_10151794575996828_354044681_n.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 300
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm certain Alana would have been immensely proud of you, caring for so many babies. I've never done it before, but I'm sure it isn't an easy feat. She and Caiden both seem like they were wonderful people.
I wish you the best of luck with your funding, and hope you get back on your feet soon.

Happy holidays. -Daniel

I wish you and your family the best of luck. I'm so sorry you had to go though this, but I am glad to see you have gone above and beyond what would be expected. I'm really happy to hear the babies are doing alright! Please have happy holidays, and I wish Destiny a lovely birthday.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you've been going through, but I hope that caring for your daughter's axolotls has helped you through it at least a tiny bit. I'm sure she'd be so happy that you took on the challenge to raise all of the babies! My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. *hugs*

That fundraiser is certainly doing its job! If that isn't proof that the people around you love you very much, I don't know what is. Good luck, I hope you reach your target :3

What a heart breaking but inspirational read that was. I Just went in and kissed and hugged my now sleeping babies 4 and 6 before writing this.. Much love and strength sent to you from Australia.

I didn´t know your daughter but i can´t even begin to comprehend the pain you must be going through. I´m trully sorry for your loss. I would also like to wholeheartedly thank your family for choosing to be organ donors. I hope the joy and hope that you have brought to 5 families can in some small way help to perhaps ease your pain.

Wow! I read your story, and checked out the beautiful Facebook pictures. Healing thoughts coming your way.
I am so very sorry for your family, and truly inspired by the ways you are dealing with this tragedy in your life. Keep up the brave face, and one day it will actually be yours :)

Trace, thank you for sharing, you certainly had the Christmas spirit this year :happy:

Happy holidays to all my friends here at Caudata.org

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back