Anxiety disorder???

seagull

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Alex
Ok so i have my axolotl tank next to my firebelly toad tank up in my room on a stand next to my bed
my toads are currently staring at me and the 3 axolotls love looking at me
the toad cage has a lamp over it and it contains a 40 watt bulb
i wake up and reach over to switch it on
problem is, when i do, piniata, my friend's leucistic male, darts about the cage and bumps into things and freaks out
im worried hes getting hurt because hes having problems grabbing food and always rests vertically
any advice?

Axies don't like bright lights - they have no eyelids so can't close thier eyes. Switching on a bright light next to his tank will scare him - hence the darting about. Try shading the light so it doesn't shine in to the axie tank.

Resting vertically is normal, it's just something they do. Having bad aim is normal - their eysight isn't that good.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back