Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Fungus on lotl

stephaniejo

Reaction score
Hi everyone

i just wanted to know the best method of performing a salt bath as ive never done one before and im reading lots of variations on how to do it so im a little unsure

any help with measurements and how often to do it and if i should fridge also would be greatly appreciated

poor little tyrant has it on his back and a little on one gill so need to sort it asap

many thanks

HayleyK

Reaction score
The very first thread on the sick axolotl forum is a wonderful, detailed guide on how to do a salt bath. It's been stickied so it will always remain at the top.

stephaniejo

Reaction score
Yes I did have a read of it but just got a little confused because I read so many different measurements for the solution used so was unsure on what method was best
But I appreciate your reply very much

HayleyK

Reaction score
Is it big or still pretty small? If unsure, do a little bit less that way it won't be too irritating but will still help with the fungus. You just might have to do it a little longer if you use less.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1