PDA

View Full Version : Decapsulated HATCHING brine shrimp eggs

Angi
7th January 2014, 20:38
I am looking to get some decapsulated brine shrimp, I find tons of them on ebay but then the occasional that says "non-hatching" well how do I know if it IS a hatching mix, does anyone around here sell them?

Jennewt
8th January 2014, 02:35
The vast majority of decapsulated brine shrimp eggs are NON-hatching. If it doesn't say, then you should assume they are non-hatching.

It is difficult to decapsulate without killing them, and if successful, they then have a short shelf life. Thus the hatching decapsulated ones are hard to find and expensive. The only source I have ever seen is brineshrimpdirect.com

usafaux2004
8th January 2014, 03:33
I got mine from here: http://www.aquaculturenurseryfarms.com/

They come in liquid, and so far so good. A decent hatch rate.

xxianxx
8th January 2014, 03:43
Check ebay, I have used NT Labs Artemia Revolution decap eggs in the past and they are very good. The brine shrimp are more nutricious as a food source as they do not expend energy breaking through their egg shell compared to normal ones and the egg cases dont mess the tank up. The only down side to using decap eggs is the cost, they are a lot more expensive but if you are only raising a few larvae they are ok to use. You can decapsulate your own eggs but it involves messing around with some potentially dangerous chemicals.

usafaux2004
8th January 2014, 15:05
^+1

I paid around $30 for two 8oz liquid bottles. First one lasted me 2 weeks. But i made a lot of BBS, so it could last 3-4 weeks for my 30 larvae.