Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Anyone remember this hatchling?

lovesheraxies

Reaction score
Well I got bad news, I know someone mentioned euthanizing him but he was completely full of spunk and after I put him into his own jar magically he began to eat, I was amazed at how full his tummy was, this went on for a couple days and I noticed what appeared to be shrinking in the "sac" so here I was thinking he would pull through. I was sadly mistaken today when I checked on him and I don't want to gross anyone out so read no further if you are squeamish but it appears this axolotl exploded. I'm talking quite literally, all his innards had fallen out. :( *cries*

So in conclusion and for anyone that see's any of these guys in their clutches please remember they are absolutely non viable. I know the majority of us try and want to save em all but it's just not possible with these ones.

I also found one that was born fine has developed this issue * whatever it is * and I will be euthanizing it tonight. So it can develop a few weeks after birth as well even tho appearing normal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 264
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!