Question: Coconut coir on food items?

AfroNewtkeeper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Daniel
When feeding my newts whiteworms, there are usually small amounts of coconut fibers consumed as well. Could this be a problem, or cause impaction? Are newts able to pass small plant fibers? Just curious.

They should pass small plant fibres without any problems. My newts, both adult and juvenile often ingest bits of moss, duckweed and other plant matter that they don't mean to while feeding, they do try to spit it out but if it means letting go of their pray they just swallow the lot! I think it's gravel and small stones that cause the problems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back