I can't get enough!

ladygodiva35

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Cyn
I need to go to rehab. I'm obsessed with axolotls! I can't get enough of them and find any reason to bring up the topic of Saskia and axolotls in general. I brag and show off photos of my Saskia like any proud mother.

I google photos everyday and check this forum and watch videos of axolotls daily to the point I was laughing at videos and photos of axolotls yawning. My husband asked what was so funny and I had to admit to him what I was looking up and watching. He gave me the "weirdo" look so I decided to share what I was watching with him and he himself starting giggling and I replied "look whose laughing now!"

I look forward to feeding time since that is my bonding time and I'm trying to teach Saskia to eat out of a feeding jar and since she's been having trouble doing it on her own..my husband caught me hand feeding her exclaiming.."you gave in!" I can't help it. That face is sooooo cute.

I even draw silly looking doodles of my Saskia. I've completely lost it and I am totally okay with that because axolotls are sooooooooooo cute! hahaha

Attachments

• 1609820_10202978637296942_838885114_n.jpg
    1609820_10202978637296942_838885114_n.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 10769_10203051845767108_2137167697_n.jpg
    10769_10203051845767108_2137167697_n.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 105
I don't think you're alone in this problem... XD

Definitely not alone! I have to choose what stories I want to tell my sister because she gets sick of hearing them all :lol: if you have a smartphone, download Instagram and search the photos for axolotls, you get much more than google and people upload everyday! It's one of my daily rituals....

My husband thought axolotls were odd but now he's ordered his very own!

I know how you feel. Some people show off pictures of their children during conversations, I show pictures of my axolotls. :p

You can see my wife's eyes just "glaze over" when I start talking about my axolotls...

But she'll still sneak in and watch them for a while, and is there for most feedings.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back