Axolotl female names, thought my Axie was a boy...

smiley1996

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Amy
Due to a recent post, ive now realised Dyson who I thought was my rather Handsome boy is now the ''unknown'' my rather pretty girl?
how I didn't see it before I don't know I could swear the Cloacal region was bigger, but now hes nearly 11 months old I guess it is an appropriate time to sex 'him'.
Anyone know any good Female Axie names...Dyson will just have to be put on reserve for a male lol
Im so oblivious, thanks guys :)

I tried to get my husband to name his "unknown" a female name. I always pick female names for everything.

Name suggestions:
Sakura - sah-koo-rah is the way I like it pronounced
Myca
Sugar
Marilyn
Elsa
Muffin
Axiegail - like Abigail lol

Perhaps you should call it Salma as it is (a) Mexican and (b) a salamander?

Bugdozer I must admit that is really creative haha! And quite a cool name ... ladygodiva I like Sakura and Axiegail is creative too haha! Not ina million years would I of thought of those "Axiegail" abd "Salma" lol ...
I though of lilo like lilo and stitch but still unsure bit of a bummer Dyson stuck so well lol :') thankyou guys for the suggestions! They are both great and given me more names to add to my.list lol ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Lol that did make me giggle well ive been told by my partner Anastari ... dont know why its unique I guess but he chose Dyson lol :-(

You don't have to change names. I had a girl called José, and if Carlos, Pablo or Pedro turn out to be females well too bad little axolotlies, you will have boy names :p

I wouldn't be able to picture then by any other name.

Haha I know its hard I cant picture dyson not being dyson lol :-( maybe I should keep it the same .... and then if I finally.get a boy give it to him then she can have her new one lol thank you :)

I say keep the same name haha.

One of my axolotls looks like it might end up being female, but I named her Hercules.

Hercules she will stay, because that name had meaning to me and my gf.

I wanted to rename my axies Dyson, Hoover, Vax and Henry. They are all little food suction beasties!

Nothing worng with Dyson as a girl's name. You could shorten it to Dy or Dy-anna..

And learn the lesson - always give your axies a non-gender-specific name, or at least something that can easily be changed to suit.

i have a female axolotl named burrito (burrito is a masculine word) and a male named piniata (feminine word)
i think all axolotls should be named after mexican things, preferably food :)

Yeah, Dysonia or Dysonette, lots of times people do stuff like that when they want to name their daughter after their father. Anyway ever hear of a boy named Sue?

Lmao these posts made me giggle! ... auntiejude that's exactly what my partner want all of mine to be after hoovers he named this one and wanted the next one to be henry. :-/ lol
Ive never heard of a boy named sue thats new for me hehe! Seagull thats a sweet name and made me hungry lol i love mexican food and as the axies mexican yeah it all makes sense lol.
Geron that is quite funny and real sweet your axies names after something so meaningful.
Dyson was just picked because of the way she eats lol in the hoover sucking motion ;D
Dyson it shall stay then haha
Thankyou all :)

Beat me to it Auntiejude! Haha

Lmao

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back