Greetings from Arizona!

FireBellyBaby

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
JM
Hi everyone!

My name is Frannie and I currently live in Tempe, Arizona. I recently took two little Fire-Bellied Newts from a friend who was in a tight spot and needed to get rid of some of his amphibians. I have absolutely no experience with amphibians, but I have the means to care for them so I'm hoping you guys can help me learn everything I need to know about theses little ones to keep them happy. I've looked around the website and the forum a lot already, but since I'm dealing with juveniles (at least I think they are!) and this is my first time, I figured it might be a good idea to make an account and ask some questions on how to properly care for them on my own.

I'd appreciate any words of wisdom you may have! :happy:

Welcome to the forum! Don't be scared to ask questions and remember to use the search function! Also post some pictures of your newts, there's never too many pics of Fire bellies! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back