Leaking filter

MandyT84

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi guys I brought a new filter it is a aqua one aquias 700, this is my first canister filter so new to it all, my question is I have it set up and the tank cycling but the outlet hose where it's connected to the filter has a very slow leak ( maybe a drip every 25 min) I have tried tightening and loosening the tap etc but still happening any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes,

I've had the same thing.

You need to remove the hose from the hose tail, which will be difficult so please be careful not to scratch or snap off the part the hose pushes onto (the tail).

Re cut the end of the hose nice and square with a sharp stanley knife or something like that (careful, fingers).

Boil the kettle and put about 2 inches of the end of the hose into hot water for 30-40 seconds, then push it back onto the hose tail while it's hot/wet.

Nip up the collar thingy that tightens onto the hose and you're away.

I do this when I assemble all my hoses, save any drama later on.

Hope that helps :happy:

Thanks I will give that a try :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back