Excited New Axolotl Parent

charles93

Reaction score
Country
United States
My name is Charles. I'm from New York City but am currently in College. I am a biology major hoping to become a veterinarian one day. Besides my one wild-type axolotl named Skittles I also have two more axolotls that should be arriving in the next week or so. I also have a dwarf rabbit, Cinna, domestic short hair, Khaleesi, and a whoodle, Wallie that all live with me and my girlfriend here in college. I very much look forward to getting assistance from everyone here as I already have from reading posts as well as helping as best I can when the opportunity presents itself.

Attachments

• 20140104_071452.jpg
    20140104_071452.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 20131218_142735.jpg
    20131218_142735.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 212
Hello and Welcome! What a cute little lotl you have there! But what is that substrate? I worry about the little guy eventually swallowing it, especially when he gets a bit bigger.

The substrate is fine sand. The grains are smaller than a couple day old daphnia. The picture is just fuzzy because it's from above my ten gallon tank, on zoom, on my phone. Unfortunately the best picture I have of him right now.
Thank you very much for your concern. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back