Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Congrats, Guys!

Anthony370

Reaction score
The manager of my local pet shop has informed me that after I pressed him for information about his newt vendor, and he read all the posts and articles on Caudata.org, that he has stopped ordering newts wild caught from China, and is now looking for a captive bred vendor here in the US!

He has even set up a different newt enclosure and they will no longer be with the firebellied toads in a climate that is far too warm.

Yay!

I even confirmed it. They didn't get any newts in today with their shipment of other fish and reptiles and amphibians. I was there when it came in. They also gave me credit for a free newt when they find a new vendor.

ALSO - my surviving newt seems to have finally adjusted to the new tank. And no more zebra danios are dying. We figured that the 4 largest fish were keeping the 3 smaller ones from eating and they starved.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1