Tan or White Sand...

cherryglue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking for Tan or White Sand...

Been looking for some for days now, play sand of course, but everyone just has the dark grey, and its very hard to see my axies waste and get it all clean with the dark sand...anyone have a link to any good tan or white sand? :/

almost bought pool filter sand but the grain is larger than regular sand and we had issues with similar substrate being eaten by our axie..

Last edited:
This is the kind of sand I use with my axoltols (in two 20 gals)

It's really good. A nice tan, pretty light, easy to see droppings and such. Just rinse it well in a 5 gal bucket before adding it to your tank. Also sift through to make sure there are no little rock shards, as a couple do show up in this type of sand, but it's not a huge problem.

Also if you can't find it at Ace Hardware, you can find it at Home Depot.

Thank you!! I called home depot looking and they only had grey at all the nearest locations and finally they told me the tan is regional, so I ordered some of what you linked to pick up at my local ace hardware :) I hope its tan when I go pick it up, I worry they will give me grey xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back