Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Utilising tank space

HayleyK

Reaction score
For a while now I have been meaning to get "shelves" to utilise my tank space, and have seen others talk about this topic too. I have come up with something pretty handy!

Since my juveniles have out grown their small 3 gallon tank, I decided to flip it on its side with the bottom of the small tank being flush against the bigger tank wall, that way the space inside the small tank can still be used. I placed some sand on top as well as a hide. In doing so I have created a big shady area he can still use to hide from light (sun and my artificial light) but I can still watch him :) i really like this idea and thought I should share it for all those who have wanted to do something like this.

I will also add that the tank has thick, beveled edges so he wont cut himself, and it fits pretty good so he can't get stuck between the sheets of glass.

Hope you all like!

Attachments

• IMG_2239.jpg
    IMG_2239.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_2240.jpg
    IMG_2240.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 264

Asevernnnn

Reaction score
For a while now I have been meaning to get "shelves" to utilise my tank space, and have seen others talk about this topic too. I have come up with something pretty handy!

Since my juveniles have out grown their small 3 gallon tank, I decided to flip it on its side with the bottom of the small tank being flush against the bigger tank wall, that way the space inside the small tank can still be used. I placed some sand on top as well as a hide. In doing so I have created a big shady area he can still use to hide from light (sun and my artificial light) but I can still watch him :) i really like this idea and thought I should share it for all those who have wanted to do something like this.

I will also add that the tank has thick, beveled edges so he wont cut himself, and it fits pretty good so he can't get stuck between the sheets of glass.

Hope you all like!
That's cool, I might do something like that for my P. waltl tank, and put a little hide on it :p

HayleyK

Reaction score
After a day, Carlos had decided to explore his new level! Success :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 221

sphynx

Reaction score
My 2 boys are jealous. asking me why i don't have a small tank to put in there like that.

:uhoh: can i steal your idea?

HayleyK

Reaction score
My 2 boys are jealous. asking me why i don't have a small tank to put in there like that.

:uhoh: can i steal your idea?

Of course you can steal my idea! That's why I made a thread :D post a picture when you do this. I just woke up and found Carlos enjoying it again which is weird because he is usually just a bottom dweller haha

layna

Reaction score
Truly brilliant! i wanted another 'level' in my tank :D

When my mums baby goldfish go into the pond, ill be stealing their tank mwahahah! :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!