Howie got a make over

lovesheraxies

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well his tank did, Surprisingly his head got too big for his hide so I re did his tank, he seems pleased with it.First pic is before, second is how it looks now. Thanx for looking!

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 209
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 218
Looks a lot better!! Is that grey sand?!

lol he's soooo cute! Makes me happy how cute he is! *squeals with excitement* Okay I'm done. :D

Nope, it's baby blue in color. I just desaturated the pic a bit cause it was high in contrast, that's prob why it looks grey in the pic.

Ahh so jealous. Australia only has sand colour, white and black sands :( so boring

Omg so cute!
I have my axolotl coming in the mail today! It was supposed to be yesterday. But they are late. :(
I hope they get here fine

We have all colors up here at my pet store. White, sand, yellow, green, blue, orange, pink, purple etc. We even have glow in the dark! My 50 gal has purple sand mixed with white, my 40 has sand color and my 20 has white over top of yellow. The yellow was terrible, that's what Howie had originally (first pic), very dusty and way too fine. I believe it was the brand tho.

I think I'm crazy because every month I spoil the heck out of my Axies, espesh Howie, prob because he is so social and the others hide lol but anyways I am thinking about upgrading his tank to a 20 long this month, I love the way his tank is now so if I upgrade it won't look much different other then there being more room for him, plus I'd like to introduce Raj (my baby wild dwarf) to Howie as a friend when he is big enough.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back