Can i use a broken polyresin tank decoration?

layna

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Layna
Hello, just as the title says really, ive ordered a new tank decoration but when its arrived, it has broken.
If i sand down the broken edges, can i use it in my tank still as the insides exposed and i dont know what poly resin is like when its not painted ect :eek:

Yes, I'm sure you can. I'd worry more about the paint. I have several decorations where the paint has worn off over time.
But I'd go ahead; I've used exposed decorations a lot to no detrimental effect.

Yes. I had to 'remodel' a polyresin tunnel due to sharp bits, and its been fine. Just make sure you remove rough edges and wash it well.

Thanks guys, i dont know if it is actually paint, its this Large Rustic River Bridge Aquarium Fish Tank / Tropical Ornament RO-2275 | eBay

When its arrived, one of the legs has broken in
broken3.jpg

I just thought i could hide the broken bit after ive sanded and smoothed it:D

I've sanded a few of mine down now so hopefully it's ok! You could always e-mail and request a return or partial refund?

Yeah ive done that, i think theyve sent a replacement but i may as well use it if i can :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back