Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Here we go again...

usafaux2004

Reaction score
397 Eggs, and I saw her laying more when I went to work.

397eggs.jpg

auntiejude

Reaction score
You know her 2nd batch is likely to be bigger than the first.....right?!
(mine took 2 days to lay 700 eggs)

XDragonGrlX

Reaction score
ill take some eggs if you wanna ship me some ;) id love to raise some litte ones!

usafaux2004

Reaction score
She did a beautiful job!! Your axies are so pretty!

She definitely improved from the first clutch. Last time I had to get most eggs off the sand by hand. They weren't secured well to surfaces at all. This time saw beautiful lines and was able to pull the decorations out of the water with all eggs attached. Actually had to use a lot of effort to slide them off the leaves. She laid eggs on all decorations. Filter intake, rocks, pots, even thermometer cord.

usafaux2004

Reaction score
Dad is D/d, A/a, M/M. Unsure on AX, and het/hom for GFP.
Mom is d/d. A/a, M/M, unsure on AX, and het/hom for GFP as well.

At least based on my 26 juvies. 9 wild, 9 slightly spoted (so far) leucistics, 8 albinos, with either 2 or 7 golds and one white albino. GFP makes the gold/not gold a hard call, but 2 yellowy albinos have gold flakes on gills. 19/26 are GFP, so most likely one is het for GFP and other is Hom for 75% gfp. Of course I kept random eggs from 660, so it may be 50%, but I pulled more gfp by chance.

newtlady

Reaction score
wow didnt know they laid that i mean that many eggs wowoser how old is your axolotl pair? im in oregon and just joined so im reading as much as i can i raise bettas and thought they spawned big ha ha ha ha babies are teeny and much are missed but i have been pretty good so far. but all those eggs and your juvies are nice too. glad to see you have it down so i can ask you for your price and availability of your prospects and or eggs. good luck with them all in any case. pics please oh and i love your daily color coding was that food coloring?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1