Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Delayed shipment

ynahanson

Reaction score
I bought juveniles axolotl and they were supposed to arrive yesterday. Today no change, was Informed that I may not get them till Monday. OMG I don't want to receive dead axolotl, that would break my heart. Sigh, will they survive 5 days of no food and light!!

Leiren

Reaction score
Fingers crossed for you…this happened to me a few days ago during the southeast snow storm..wasn't suppose to hit the part of Alabama that I live in and we didn't get notice until a day and a half before it actually started snowing. I received frozen amphiumas and a greater siren. I cried for about 2 days. I hope this isn't the case for you though,maybe not..:eek:

ktolentino18

Reaction score
Don't worry. As long as they were packaged properly they should be fine. This just happened to me when I shipped out on a Wednesday. One of my packages made it by Saturday the other didn't.

They made it there fine on Monday.

One baby died, but that was on the owners error for not having food and water conditioner ready.

ynahanson

Reaction score
I hope they arrive fine. I had everything ready yesterday lol i was so excited to get them. Now im just sad I have to wait longer. How long should I wait to feed them when i get them acclimated?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1