A little help

liznewton85

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Liz
So I've read to take your bbs out and clean water two hours after feeding but they are still eating and bbs are still all alive..fed them at 2pm should I take them out or continue to let them eat and clean in the morning?

I have had success adding more fresh clean water to my axolittles tank and letting them feast on the bbs for a longer amount of time. When the bbs are starting to die off, I vacuum them out and do a substantial water change.. My bbs seem darn near bulletproof and have lived well over 24hrs, even after a good freshwater rinsing! All my littles are fine, as far as I can tell, and many have the signature bright orange bellies. This may not be the ideal, but its working well for me and mine sofar. Also helps me ready another batch of fresh bbs for my larvae.

I feed BBS at bedtime and clean the tubs in the morning. As long as you have enough water to cope with any waste produced you'll be fine, as long as you do a 100% change daily.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back