Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New here

kjacks

Reaction score
Ok well Im new here and in the process of researching axolotls before I get mine . Im redoing my 55g betta sorority and invert planted tank into a axolotl tank going to completely break it down clean and start the cycle again for my axolotls .. Im not 100% on names and types really yet but a couple friends of mine breed them and will have some ready to send out around May or June so Im learning all I can now .. I know I want a freckled one and a few different color variants. Any suggestions will be appreciated .. I will be reading this forum as well as asking questions to friends I dont want to do this halfway

(will try my best to not use gonna and such words but its one I use often so will be trying to proof read before I post and change the wording to fit the rules sorry in advance )

Kaini

Reaction score
Hello and welcome :D If you have any questions just ask, it's great you came here to do your research on these wonderful animals!

kjacks

Reaction score
Thank you.... I have been reading and see where the black diamond blasting sand is kinda 50/50 with people. Im on the fence about using it but mine is a finer grade and my african cichlids sift it with no problems but its said to have sharp shards in it by some wondering if they have a different grade then mine

JAK

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, always happy to see someone willing to put in the effort to learn before rushing out and getting a new pet. I'm sure you'll have fantastic success.

Posted from the newt-phone!

kjacks

Reaction score
Ty... Im trying but there is a lot of stuff out there that is false kinda like with fish one says no one says yes trying to weed out all the false advice

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!