What would be good plants to put in with my Axie?

scorpio110684

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am currently looking to add some greenery to my Axolotl tank. I would prefer something that I would not have to anchor down, because if they are just going to dig it up I see no point in trying to put them down. Any suggestions?

Marimo moss ball? They're super simple plants, easy to take care of, don't have to be rooted anywhere and just kinda sit there :D my axis loves the one I have. Floating plants are nice too, like duckweed or frogbit.

That's all I can think of at the moment x3

Duckweed, frogbit, water sprite are good floating plants

Moss balls, java fern(can anchor down on decorations like driftwood etc..) java moss can be attached to a lot of different decorations.

I also have a oriental sword plant thats in a pot, axies how no interest in eating it, love laying eggs on it though -.- it grows like crazy! Even though somebody told me they dont do well in pots, mine seems to be a exception.

Elodea
Marimo moss balls
Hornwort
Duck weed
Water lettuce
Mini water lettuce
Water soldiers

Elodea is really cheap and grows really well, my axies like to climb around in it and sit in it :D

I may have to order plants from the internet. I went to a local pet store yesterday and wasn't impressed by the selection they had available.

after having natsu for a year i only use silk ... plants seem to hide the environment lotls need

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back