Live blackworm feeding(MESSY!)

Verbone626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone have a good idea on feeding live bloodworms/blackworms to my chinese fire bellied newt? i usually set it on the reptile grass at the bottom but when they dont eat them, the worms hide in the gravel around the edges. i tried putting them on top of one of my decorations which is a structure that has a boxlike shape. (i use it it incorporate into the gravel to make a small area of dry land). but when i put them on there they eventually escape into the rocks aswell. is there any cleaner way to feed the newts?

Put them in a jar and put the blackworms in the jar and leave them for a little while.

Any reason your worried about them getting into the substrate? Blackworms will live in a tank for a long time and your newts will eat them as they find them.

well im only concerned because of the chance that it could accumulate bacteria from the dead ones under all the rocks. i have gravel so i noticed that they come through the gravel every once in a while in the corner areas but thats only so many. i assumed there was many dead ones under the rocks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back