Question: Permanent Divider

Elliriyanna

Reaction score
Country
United States
Boyfriend wants me to downsize tanks, since my ACF and lotls each need their own tank i was thinking of permenantly putting a divider in the middle of my 40 breeder this would give them each 24x18 floorspace and 20 gallons. the acf are kept at 70 degrees fahreinheit as this is what i have read is best. So this would not really heat the lotls side. there would be no water transfer or anything shared seperate filtration etc.

there are 2 ACF and 3 lotls. also this allows 70 sq inches more floorspace than a 20 long.

did the math wrong its 18x18 inches. also this is not forever just until we can figure out more space

18x18 is barely suitable short term for one adult axolotl, let alone two or three. I have no idea about the ACF needs or requirements... never kept them.

any other ideas?

also thats almist the floorspace of a 20 long its plenty for 1

i need to figure something out ... eventuallythe lotls will have the breeders to themselves.

20 long is suitable for 1, but where will the other 2 lotls go?

she stated that 18x18 was not enough for one i was just stating that was untrue.

i was not saying anyone would be put in a 20 long.

i guess i will stick with the original plan ... a 40 breeder for 3 lotls :D

the acf have a 20 gal all their own right now.

i guess its double stand time

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back