Dislocated Arm?

Frankie Aus

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, 3 days ago my 3 year old axolotl was not moving as much as he usually does and was floating on one side. He isn't bloated or ingested any small stones (river stones on bottom of tank). Upon closer inspection we noticed he was holding his left arm close to his body and not using it. I've researched on these forums and google for something similar and was only able to find one topic that didn't really help.
The floating on his side seems to be compensating for him not being able to use his arm. At first I thought he was faking it (he is a weird axolotl so wouldn't be surprised if he was) because he was using his tones to grip onto things but not moving the whole arm.
Has anyone else had this happen or is there something I should do?
He is eating normally and doesn't seem too stressed out by it - so should I as his mummy be worried?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 2,304
He could've gotten his arm stuck inbetween those rocks. If he's eating fine then just let him heal and try to not stress him out. They aren't the brightest of species.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back