Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I tiled my Axolotl tank :)

leandrah

Reaction score
So this weekend I have been very busy tiling the bottom of my Axie tank

Here is a little preview :)
It doesn't look that great because it still needs all of the decorations and stuff.

I also took thin tubing (The tubing that you put on airstones), and i siliconed it around the tank so that you cant see it and so that the airstones don't have random piping in the tank (Does this make sense?)

And I siliconed the plant cups down so that when i buy new plants - I can just put them in there and the Axolots can't knock them over :)

Its still messy and I need to clean up the excess silicone

Let me know what you guys think!
PS - the tiles are all the same size - doesn't look like it in the picture though

Attachments

• IMG-20140308-03415.jpg
    IMG-20140308-03415.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,281
  • IMG-20140308-03416.jpg
    IMG-20140308-03416.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 760

ladygodiva35

Reaction score
Nice work! Wanna tile my tank? :D
Don't you just love how we spoil our little brats? Yay for spoiled axies! Sorry, I got excited again.

leandrah

Reaction score
Hahaha it took me a good few hours to do. I added the water last night, and some normal fish to make sure everything is okay before I add the Axies. By normal fish I mean guppies :) Im sure everything will be perfect though

I'll take some more pictures tonight :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1