20140310_150158.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 367
  • 20140310_150442.jpg
    20140310_150442.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 448
  • 20140310_145925.jpg
    20140310_145925.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 335
Thats the sort of thing that happens when an axie grows back toes that have been lost . Sometimes they grow an extra one or two, sometimes they grow at odd angles.

One of my axies has a backwards toe. There is a pic on here somewhere of an axie who grew a whole extra leg.

As long as it doesn't bother her its fine. Did she ever loose a leg?

I adopted an axie who has a foot double as wide because it regrew funny. The more often the limb is removed the more likely it is to grow back odd. I'd say your little one lost it at least a few times, but it looks like it's growing back great! I've never noticed it bothering my boy, he doesn't move as graceful but he's still sweet.

uregahus.jpg

Mines got 6 toes =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw an axolotl in a friends pet shop who had a partially severed leg, it regrew an additional one out of the wound

Yeah,that doesn't look right at all.looks like the little fellow has over a dozen toes.sort of resembles a sea anemone growing out of a foot.

My female axolotl has five gills on one side (only three on the other) because she lost two of them to predatory frogs before I got her, and they grew back forked. Yours seems to have a really extreme version of this sort of thing going on, but its just a normal part of having an animal with extreme regenerative capacity - sometimes they regenerate too much!

I saw view it as a charming eccentricity. It makes her unique :)

Is it possible to 'over-regenerate',I mean almost to the point of beyond recognition?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back