Introducing Comet and his new home

CrazyBengalMom

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I went and got Comet today, aquarium was set up and the tank cycling process began Friday 3/14. I have him in a 36 gallon bow front, he is almost 4 inches long. Substrate is fine sand but still put in a feeder jar to lessen the amount of sand he might ingest, the plants are all real and I was told by the pet store Axolotl safe, the filter is Marineland, no heater and the temperature staying at 60 degrees. I am a little concerned about the amount of water flow-current that the filter is causing, any ideas on what I could do to less the current? Comet doesn't seem stressed about his new surroundings, he is eating, exploring and hiding the way I would expect him to. If there is anything you see that I am missing, need to take out or improve on in his take please let me know, I also am hoping to get a Leucistic by the end of the week, but around here-in Wisconsin they are hard to find.

I have attached pictures hoping I did it correctly ;)

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 204
Looks good as for flow you can google how to baffle output. I am on my phone so everything is hard to see.

To help with the current try putting some plants infront of the filter. Stunning lil one you have there :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back