What type is my axie?

smiley1996

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Amy
Okay so ive asked this before about my baby axie and posted some pictures etc.
Going along with generally thinking he was a wildtype, because it seemed logical, the dark pigments etc.
Hes now 2 months old, nearly 2 inches big, has his back legs and today went into his new tank.
I can see him much clearer in his new tank but noticed, his underbelly is white, his eyes have the pink ring, and hes got yellow in his pigment with the wildtype dark colouration.
I will attach some pictures but just wondered if anyone elses potentially wildtype has this ?
Thankyou Amy

umetu8a7.jpg

Heres one you cant really see his eyes in this one it may be the lighting I dont know but just thouhht it was weird its like hes going to be a rainbow before setting at one colour hehe! :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Looks like a wildtype to me. Brown, black, yellow pigments, iridophores, pale belly.

Photo confirms this.

Thankyou auntiejude, maybe he is then just me overthinking things again hehe. First time raising from egg so its all new :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back