Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I forgot how tiny they are!

usafaux2004

Reaction score

After the second batch was bad, my female laid again, about a month later. Weren't many eggs, maybe 200. I got them all out. Nothing developed.

I was doing a partial water change, and must have loosened up these from a hiding spot, but I now have 3 wild type/leucistic eggs and the first hatched today. Laid Mar7-8, hatched Mar 21/22

Smoxolotl

Reaction score
Then you got it down ;) Sounds like you got some frisky lotls! I'm gonna take a break from babies for a while after my 14 are grown up and out, I need a breather!:rolleyes:

Smoxolotl

Reaction score
I thought i had all my babies out of the tank when they were still eggs.. until I saw Mama going after a very small but quick little larvae! I thought I was hallucinating a sand flea or something jumping halfway across my tank each leap until I got a closer look. Got the poor little lotl out of there in a hurry and fattened him right up! Mama was less than happy about it tho :rolleyes:

milahoh

Reaction score
Well, I have 25, 3 month old 4.5-6" juvies from the last batch in need of homes so...

I am looking for three to four, between my friends and I. What colors do you have? One wants a leucistic, I would like a female, but am less picky about color. What colors do you have, and do you ship to Oregon? What would be the price range I would be looking at? :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1