Marimo Moss Balls

robopetz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there,

Just curious, where do y'all get your moss balls from?

TY =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PetSmart. Also my LFS. Even my lil lotls love their big fuzzy balls:D

Petsmart. They sell them in individual cups.

Got a few from petco too - they were bigger.

We have only one PetsMart here and they don't carry them :-/

Petco don't have them either.

I've heard that they're pretty cheap on Ebay so that may be an option for you. I've had good luck dividing mine, once I got them home. If you are in Hawaii, you can probably easily get yours right from the source, Japan! They are a Japanese National Treasure :yin-yang:

You can get little ones on eBay for like 2$

I bought mine at Petsmart, Petco, and a local aquarium store.

It seems odd that they do not have them out your way. They seem to be everywhere around here. Maybe you could request some to be brought in.

Be careful. A scientific poll conducted on this very forum revealed there are at least a couple of people out there who want to destroy all moss balls. :eek: ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back