Thanks for all of the bas

Enginehouse

Reaction score
Country
England
Many thanks ladies and gents for both the basic and not so basic information on the care and well being of Axolotls. Lord only knows how many of the creatures expire due to the dreadful information passed on by the high street trade outlets. "Keep in a warm room" being the best advice from one of our bigger chains of pet stores. I have kept to most of the info gleaned from the forum and my new tank and Axolotl is doing well, eating both worms and small prawns. I have fitted a pair of cooling fans into the top of the unlit tank with a thermostat to keep the tank within a degree of 18C and she is quite happy. We already had a fully established tropical tank and so used a new filter with already active media. It worked very well. Our tropical tank houses mainly Plecs of various types and a couple of shoals of minnows and tetras. We now also have a small wormery up and running housing Dendrobaena. It remains to see how well this experiment works over time.

Regards.

Roy H

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back