BAKS meeting October 5th 2014

CJ1981

Reaction score
Country
Wales
Display Name
CJ
Hello,

Sunday's meeting was really busy. Loads of phibs for sale plus a rather epic raffle :D

We'd like October's get together to be just as busy if not busier so we're giving everyone loads of notice.

The next BAKS meeting/get together is on Sunday October 5th at Longford Social Club, Wellington Drive, Cannock, Staffordshire.

For more info please visit the BAKS website:

B.A.K.S

Hope to see you all there

See you there, I'll be on the Caudata.org / drop in table :D

Hi Guys,

In light of recent events BAKS have made changes to their membership policy.

From now on you MUST have joined BAKS at least 72 hours before any meeting. If you do have not done this you will not be allowed to enter the meeting.

We are currently developing a system where people can pay by post if they do not want or are not able to use Paypal.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would like any further information about the rationale for this change please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Charis

Can anyone recommend a decent (cheap) hotel not too far away for this?

We're coming up from Kent and need somewhere to stay - somewhere that won't panic at the sight of an axolotl in a plastic tub!

If I remember, there is a couple of big Travel Lodges close by.

Just a quick memory jog people - only a little over a month to go to the next BAKS meeting.

Don't forget you MUST have joined at least 72 hours in advance to attend. In short if your name's not down you ain't coming in ;)

If anyone who plans to attend wants to bring some phibs or invertebrates to sell feel free to PM me and I will try and sort you out some table space.

Hope to see you all there

Charis :frog:

Got the hotel booked, got table space reserved for axies, see you there!

Are we the only people going representing caudata.org? (We being CJ, Auntiejude and me)

There should be a few more than us! But not everybody advertises their attendance - and not all BAKS members are caudata.org members and vice versa!

Are we the only people going representing caudata.org? (We being CJ, Auntiejude and me)

No one else from here has said they are going but I'm sure on the day there will be a few familiar user names ;).

People from several different forums attend as there is a lot of cross over within this hobby. At the meeting everyone mingles in one big group and catches up with friends new and old so even though there is a Caudata.org table and other organisations have their own table too it's not too 'us and them' - more like organised chaos with a raffle :D

I have just had a call from the Premier Inn in Cannock South saying their pub will be closed for a refurb the weekend of the 4th/5th October! Bummer.

Can anyone recommend a decent pub or restaurant close by for evening food (not indian)?

I have not been for food but I know a few guys went for food after April's meeting. They went to a Fayre and Square Pub which from what I could see is a bit like a Wetherspoons

www.fayre-square.com/pub/chase-gate-wedges...cannock/m2298/
The link above should take you to their home page. I'll drop Ade a line and see if he can give suggestions.

Just got on the train to Stafford! See all you guys in a few hours!

Great afternoon - lovely to meet everyone and put faces to names.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back