Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

An Introduction

Ewarren

Reaction score
My name is Eli, I am a 25 yo male living in the Southern Illinois area with my 5 year old dog. I used to keep a fire belly newt when I was a kid and now that I have graduated college resulting in having a more stable life with more free time, I am looking into what to do with my 30 gallon aquarium which I bought some time ago and never used it. I'm seriously researching and thinking about a newt or some other semi aquatic amphibious pet. The alligator/crocodile and emperor newts interest me the most so far, as well as Kaiser newts, I love their coloration.

If anyone has any suggestions on what they think I should get to put in my tank please feel free to reply. Also open to suggestions for a new beginner as I can't say I learned very much from my first time attempting to care for a newt when I was around middle school age.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!