Breeding ages? when they stop breeding?

Raamie

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Was just wondering what age do Axolotls stop breeding at? I used to always have eggs a few years ago but now they dont breed and they are getting quite old (oldest is nearly 15 yrs)

All axies are different. Mine most recently bred at the age of 14 but I think that's fairly unusual, haven't had any eggs in the past few months though so I think they are finished now at almost 15. It's cool to hear of some more older kiwi axies! We must breed em tough down here ;)

Wow 14 years old?
my 15 year old just past on she was my first breeder :(
mine just never seem to breed anymore they did a few years ago but now nothing

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back