Photo: New owner, worried: white stuff around cloaca & constipation? Fungus? Please help!

oferrari

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everybody,

I just got my axolotl Rudi 5 months ago, when I got him he was about a month old. I'm worried because about a week ago he stopped eating; I usually feed him live bloodworms and sometimes pellets. I noticed he was a little bloated, more on one side than the other, so I fridged him.

It's been three days and he hasn't pooped, but there has been a white filmy thing hanging around his cloaca and I just noticed upon inspection of his tank, some white stringy stuff around the filter. This is probably a fungus, right? I put his tank thermometer into the fridge container with him to monitor the fridge temperature, but I now noticed some of the white stringy stuff on the thermometer. I removed it and changed his fridge water.

What should I do!?? I'm really worried.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 542
I didn't properly attach the other pictures:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 412
Sorry, new to this site, here's the other picture!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 337
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back