Axolotl owner

redballoonz

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been consulting this site for months now, and even ordered my little lotl from a breeder on this forum, but I have yet to post anything.

I have a juvie freckled leucistic named Lady Lotl (hoping she turns out to be female, otherwise it'll be Lord Lotl) who is viciously adorable. She likes hunting the white clouds I used to cycle the tank (I picked up more because she seems to enjoy it so much) and frozen blood worms. I fed her her first earthworm today and didn't cut it up. She wrestled with it for a good 5 minutes and looked highly satisfied.

I've only had her for a few months, but I love her so much! I'm thinking of getting some other amphibious creatures but I'm not really sure what kind I want yet.

white.... clouds????
White cloud minnows.
Unless I have it completely wrong and the axie is eating marshmallows....:D

Welcome Redbaloonz, please pop over to the axolotl section a post a pic of your axie.

OH I knew that, I read that completely wrong, please excuse me LOL, Welcome!

I fed her her first earthworm today and didn't cut it up. She wrestled with it for a good 5 minutes and looked highly satisfied. I've only had her for a few months, but I love her so much!
You sound exactly like me talking about my albino axie! Boris just LOVES his earthworms. And the way his head shaking lifts him off the ground as he wrestles with them is hilarious. LOL. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back