Males, right?

HannahMarie

Reaction score
Country
United States
These are my two lotls and I just wanted to get another opinion on their sex. I am pretty sure they are both male, but then again I could be seeing things. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 216
Albino is male, but the shape of the swell on the wildtype doesn't look right - have you got a picture from underneath and on top? It could be a young/developing male, or it could be a constipated female.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking the Albino is a def male but the wildtype... I'm not so sure. It looked like it was swollen on one side... :0

I think the wildtype read your reply because he just came right up to the side of tank and positioned himself. Hope these show more. They are only 8ish months old so might not be fully developed.

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 002 (2).jpg
    002 (2).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 003 (2).jpg
    003 (2).jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 203
It looks like it's strangely shaped, with a lump coming out the bottom :0 If it is fine then it is male, but... it might be bad :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back