Need fast help on a chiller!

ClockworkParrot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello again!
I am still trying to get a chiller for my 40 gallon breeder tank and found that this website has Corallife aquarium chillers on sale Aquarium Water Chillers: Coralife Aquarium Chillers (I dont know when the sale will end so I am hoping for some fast responses before I miss it.) and was wondering if anyone has one or if they are good chillers for this size tank. My home gets to be about 82 degrees in the dead of summer and I am having a hard time reading the chart for this brand on how much it chills the tank so I dont know what size to get if I do get one.

Ive attatched the chart from the manual. Is the temperature range how low it will take the tank? I am afraid of getting the wrong size chiller and ending up dumping a few hundred in something that will only bring the tank down like 10 degrees.

Attachments

• b0f2a3fb2ef2ab773c24b1ab5b5da43a.png
    b0f2a3fb2ef2ab773c24b1ab5b5da43a.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 140
I have the 1/10 hp and it works great on my 40 breeder. Sits at around 63.

I have the 1/10 hp and it works great on my 40 breeder. Sits at around 63.

Thank you so much for the fast reply! How warm is your home if you dont mind my asking since my ambient air temp in my room is pretty high.

I'm from Houston so it gets very warm. Usually around 75 or so. This is a great chiller to hook up a canister through.

I'm from Houston so it gets very warm. Usually around 75 or so. This is a great chiller to hook up a canister through.

Im in Florida so my dead of summer temps hit about 78-82. I am wanting to get a canister as well.
How long have you had it for and how loud is it? The price is really nice with this sale so I am trying to find more reviews on them since I am hoping to have everything for my aquarium ordered within the next couple of days and start cycling my tank as soon as I can. I am so excited to finally get some axolotls for so long but I want to make sure I purchase everything I can too keep the cute lil buggers happy and healthy for years to come.

It's fairly quiet honestly I am pretty deaf as it is but it is quiet. It works great for me

I've had it for about 2 months

Im in a live help chat with the store that sells them and they are saying that it will stay between that 39-90 degree range. So keeping it at 63 should be good even in my warm home. That does seem like a huge range to be able to chill at compared to what other chillers say.

It does the job for me - It says that on the box. The lowest I dropped it was to 56 just to see how it worked. I'm sure it could get colder.

It does the job for me - It says that on the box. The lowest I dropped it was to 56 just to see how it worked. I'm sure it could get colder.

That is really good to know. Thank you very much for the information. I was really worried about not getting something powerful enough but it sounds like this will work well for what I need.

I thought of two more questions. Does the chiller turn on often to cool the tank down and do you know if it made a big impact or not on your energy bill?

I thought of two more questions. Does the chiller turn on often to cool the tank down and do you know if it made a big impact or not on your energy bill?

It doesn't come on too often. And didn't really effect my bill that I noticed but haven't really analyzed it. Funny because energy is my line of business and I work for a retail electric provider. ?

What canister pump do you plan to get or have?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back