Shipping with water bottles vs tuber ware?

AshSeek

Reaction score
Country
United States
Im thinking of ways to ship my eggs... what about using water bottles and putting them in a box and them using newspaper to stuff the space in the box? or my other idea was to just use a tubberware and duct tape the lid to ensure it doesn't come off or my dad said to do that but put the eggs in a ziplock bag (i can't get my hands on fish bags anywhere) and then put the zip lock bag in the tupperware incase they break but i don't really think i should do that.. and things need to be completely full with water for eggs for transportation right? Would either of these work?
Also i've been told to fill container completely full of water (to prevent the eggs from moving around too much) and also to not do that but only fill 2/3 full of water so i don't suffocate them, both makes sense but i'm wondering if anyone can confirm this. Thank you,
Ashley

That is wonderful thank you SO much for the links.... Still unsure however which is best for eggs, full bottle of water or 2/3...

The eggs seem pretty tough from what i've read. I mean if you do ship them they will be traveling for 1-2 days hopefully and both filling or leaving air seem to be enough oxygen for them. If you do the ziplock bags inside the tupeware container sound like it should be fine as long as the box they are in as some padding/insulation(if its hot). I guess you could also tap the sides to ensure nothing leaks out too. I've never dealt with eggs so maybe someone else can chime in.

I don't have experience shipping eggs, but I would fill the bottles all the way up with water. That way when they get tossed around ( which they very well could ) the eggs wont slosh around in the bottle nearly as much. -Seth

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back