Question: Axolotl gender? (male female)

Alonyamin

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Can someone please tell me what gender are they (2 axolotl gold and pink).
because the man who sold me them told me that they are male and female,but i think he maybe wrong.
what do you think? (if needed more photos ill upload some more)

Attachments

• IMG_2966.jpg
    IMG_2966.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_3104.jpg
    IMG_3104.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_7723.jpg
    IMG_7723.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_1753.jpg
    IMG_1753.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_6459.jpg
    IMG_6459.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 226
First of all, please get your axies off that gravel - they will eat it and it could cause a major problem.

Your axies don't look fully grown - how big are they and how old? You cannot sex an axie under 9 months or about 7-8" in length.

yes i know this gravel is very bed for my axolotl but this photos arent recent i brought them gravel with rocks bigger then 1 inch.
my axolotls are something about 12 cm but the guiy who sold me them say that they are a male and a female.

At 12cm they are too small to sex, the guy who told you they are male and female is talking nonsense.

First of all, please get your axies off that gravel - they will eat it and it could cause a major problem.

Your axies don't look fully grown - how big are they and how old? You cannot sex an axie under 9 months or about 7-8" in length.

That gravel is pretty big...

That gravel is pretty big...

It's pretty amazing how big their mouths are even when they're small... Plus they grow really fast so what first is big enough would soon be too small. My "little" ones have grown 10 cm in 2 months and are now 20 cm at 6 months and still growing pretty fast.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back