Rocks from the Rock Shop?

bethinak

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was looking at the list of "allowed rocks" and I noticed that there are lots of cool stones I can get at our local rock shop that would look really spectacular in there- thinking of a giant quartz cluster, some polished jasper - etc.

I don't think that polishing the rock should make any difference in the tank but wanted to confirm. If I used a lovely slab of polished jasper, that won't hurt the axolotl, will it?

As far as I know, that should be fine. However, some rocks could potentially alter your pH slightly and you'll want to make sure there are no sharp edges :)

Rocks are polished by tumbling them, so there's nothing 'extra' there that would render them ineligible if they're on the allowed rocks list :) Also what sanshouo said ^ No sharp edges on the quartz, Axies are really squishy!

Rocks are polished by tumbling them, so there's nothing 'extra' there that would render them ineligible if they're on the allowed rocks list :) Also what sanshouo said ^ No sharp edges on the quartz, Axies are really squishy!

SQUISHY!! I love that word

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back