Hello

Sir Lancelotl

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello everybody I just got some axolotls a few days ago and would like to know if I am doing anything wrong. I have attached pictures of my tank setup and my axolotls. My tank water is fully cycled and the axolotls seem to be doing great other than the fact that they are a bit fussy when it comes to eating. Any helpful advice or criticism would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• P1050491.jpg
    P1050491.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 144
  • P1050490.jpg
    P1050490.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Are those pebbles? I'd remove them and replace with sand or any other substrate that an axie can't eat.
The lighting looks a bit bright but that may be due to the camera. I know my camera does that. But the set up looks good!

I have mesh down the bottom so the axolotls can't eat the gravel and my tank is actually quite dark it's just the camera.

I have mesh down the bottom so the axolotls can't eat the gravel and my tank is actually quite dark it's just the camera.

I noticed that immediately. People on here don't take half a second to actually look at it before criticizing. Cool tank dudeski.

I noticed that immediately. People on here don't take half a second to actually look at it before criticizing. Cool tank dudeski.

I didn't criticize his setup. I thought the mesh was a reflection or glare off the glass of the tank. I think you owe me an apology for YOU jumping to conclusions. He asked what we thought of his set up. I saw little pebbles and warned him just in case he didn't know. I figured his light was bright due to the camera because as I said mine does the exact same thing. Seems like everyone on here is doing nothing but bickering lately....

Seems like everyone on here is doing nothing but bickering lately....

Your not the only one that's noticed :rolleyes: But hey, its all good, in the end we all friends :)

I didn't criticize his setup. I thought the mesh was a reflection or glare off the glass of the tank. I think you owe me an apology for YOU jumping to conclusions. He asked what we thought of his set up. I saw little pebbles and warned him just in case he didn't know. I figured his light was bright due to the camera because as I said mine does the exact same thing. Seems like everyone on here is doing nothing but bickering lately....

I'm sorry. Feel better? In the second picture you can plainly see the mesh over the pebbles. Granted I have no idea why someone would do this rather than just have sand or nothing, but to each their own I guess.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back